Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by the minds behind The Broke And The Bookish way back in June 2010. Since I am a HUGE lover of lists and a good challenge I decided to include the feature here on BB&B! Here we go!
This weeks Top 10 Tuesday is....
Top 10 Yummy Foods Mentioned in Books!
Being the Potterhead that I am this list would not be complete without all the yummy treats from Harry Potter:
1. Butterbeer of course. I have tried recreating this one with many a Pinterest recipe, but I just have a feeling none are as magical as the Three Broomsticks' specialty.
2. Harry's Birthday Cake from Hagrid. So much love had to have gone in to that dessert that, even being a little smushed, it had to have tasted divine.
3. Treacle Tart. Harry's favorite treat. It is said to taste similar to pecan pie which just so happens to be my favorite pie! yum!
4. Any of the treats from the trolley or Honeydukes. Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes to name a few.
I wouldn't be brave enough to try Fred and George's Skiving Snackboxes so that will wrap up my Harry Potter treats ;)
5. I would love to try a drink from the adorable Bar/ Bookstore from Staci Hart's Wasted Words. Check out her Bad Habits Series if you want a fun, palate cleansing romance. Her characters are so original and you can't help but fall in love with each and every member of this amazing circle of friends.
6. Minny's fried chicken from The Help by Kathryn Stockett
7. The White Witches Turkish delight from Narnia
8. A loaf of Peeta's bread from the Hunger Games District 12
9. I would love to be a guest to a tea party held by the Mad Hatter! Who wouldn't?
10. A Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster from The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Because who wouldn't want to know what it feels like to "have your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick"?
That's my list! Let me know in the comments what yummy treats from books you would want to try. What is your favorite treat to munch or sip while consuming a good book? (see what I did there? ;) )